Remote Services Terms
The terms and conditions set out in this document are the standard terms and conditions for the supply of Remote Services by Ricoh to its customers (Remote Services Terms). Ricoh’s customers are bound by the Remote Services Terms when Remote Services Software is downloaded and installed or pre-installed for use with Products or Services supplied by Ricoh. The Remote Services Terms apply in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to a customer’s receipt of the relevant Products and Services from Ricoh.
- Where Ricoh provides support and maintenance for Products, Ricoh may elect to provide some or all those services from a remote location (Remote Services).
- Remote Services Software may be embedded in Products or installed in the Customer’s IT environment. To receive Remote Services, Customer will:
- install Remote Services Software in its IT environment, as directed by Ricoh;
- agree to comply with any end user licence terms applicable to the Remote Services Software; and
- provide and maintain a Remote Network Connection to its IT environment and to the supported Products.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring that the Remote Network Connection and Remote Services Software are available for Ricoh’s use at all times.
- If, due to no fault of Ricoh:
- Customer fails to provide an available Remote Network Connection to supported Products and its IT environment; or
- the Remote Services Software or any functionality of that software is disabled or is not operating correctly,
Ricoh will be excused from any resulting loss or damage, failure of the Products, or failure to perform the services including any associated service levels and warranty obligations. Ricoh may charge Customer additional fees where Ricoh is unable to support and maintain Products through Remote Services.
- When providing Remote Services, Ricoh will implement, in its IT environment, appropriate technology and security procedures which would be expected from organisations of similar size to or with similar resources as Ricoh and operating in a similar industry to Ricoh. Customer is responsible for ensuring that the Remote Network Connection provides secure access to supported Products and Customer’s IT environment. Customer acknowledges that while the Remote Services Software uses reasonable security measures, all transmission, access or storage of information on the internet is provided on an “as is” basis and Customer acknowledges that there are risks inherent in such connection which Ricoh is not able to control.
- Provided that Ricoh complies with the foregoing obligation to implement appropriate technology and security procedures, Ricoh shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a result of Ricoh’s access to the Customer’s IT environment via the Remote Network Connection or Ricoh’s use of the Remote Services Software.
- Ricoh and its licensors retain all Intellectual Property Rights in the Remote Services Software and grant Customer a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty free licence to use the Remote Services Software solely for the purpose of operating the Products and receiving the Services. Customer shall not remove, alter, modify, reverse engineer, or otherwise interfere with Remote Services Software or make Remote Services Software available to any third party.
- Customer consents to Ricoh collecting, storing, using, modifying, disclosing, transferring and deleting Diagnostic Data in order to provide Remote Services and for its regular business purposes, including but not limited to product development and research, provided that the data when used for product development and research is in a form that does not personally identify individuals. Customer acknowledges that Diagnostic Data may be transmitted to and stored on a Ricoh remote server which may be located in, and accessed from, locations outside the country where Customer’s Products are located.
- Customer acknowledges that Diagnostic Data is the property of Ricoh and Customer has no right, title or interest in that data.
- Diagnostic Data means information generated by a Product, including identification of a networked output device (e.g.: make, model and serial number), IP address, device usage, meter and diagnostic information (e.g.: number of pages printed, toner volume, error codes etc), and verification of licence compliance. Diagnostic data does not include document content which is printed, scanned or copied by a Product.
- Remote Network Connection means an open network port on Customer’s network to enable Ricoh to access supported Products and the Customer’s IT environment from a remote location.
- Remote Services has the meaning given to it in clause 2.1 and includes, at Ricoh’s discretion:
- updating Firmware on Products;
- updating Remote Services Software on Products and Customer’s IT environment;
- updating Product functionality with new functionality as and when Ricoh makes such functionality generally available (for which there may be an additional charge);
- collecting and sending Diagnostic Data to Ricoh;
- diagnosing errors or substandard performance of Products; and
- restoring and repairing Products.
- Remote Services Software means software to enable the provision of Remote Services, which may include third party software licensed to Customer under the terms of an End User Licence Agreement with the third party.
- Ricoh means Ricoh Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 000 593 171), its affiliates, licensors, agents, subcontractors and authorised service providers.
News & Events
Keep up to date
Ricoh Australia and Nintex partner to help organisations go digital faster
Ricoh continues to be recognised in the FTSE4Good, FTSE Blossom Japan, and the MSCI Japan Empowering Women Indices
Ricoh received “AA” environmental evaluation rating from Mizuho Research & Technology
RICOH Pro C7200sx Series scoops mid-volume CMYK+ BLI PRO award