Ricoh wins six 2016 Winter Pick accolades from Buyers Laboratory LLC
SYDNEY, 16 February 2016 – Ricoh has had a strong start to the year with six accolades in the Buyers Laboratory LLC’s (BLI) 2016 Winter Pick Awards. This follows a successful 2015, where it received 21 BLI Pick Awards.
Awarded twice annually, BLI acknowledge the hardware and software offerings that gave the best performances in its extensive suite of lab tests in the previous six months.
John Hall, Managing Director, Ricoh Australia said, “We are delighted to kick off 2016 with another six BLI Pick Awards. These are testament to Ricoh’s commitment to providing high quality, robust technologies that truly addresses customers’ needs.”
Outstanding mono printers for mid-size workgroups
Ricoh’s SP 4520DN and SP 6430DN have been recognised with a BLI award each for their excellent value and plethora of productivity-boosting features. Mid-size workgroups looking for a monochrome device aren’t going to find much better value than the SP 4520DN or the SP 6430DN.
- The SP 4520DN provides users with fast, high-quality printing. It was recognised for its remarkably low total cost of ownership and multiple time-saving conveniences including a touchscreen control panel and an embedded software platform to allow for software integration at the panel, both of which are uncommon for single-function printers.
- The SP 6430DN is an extremely compact, high performance A3 printer. Despite its low price,the unique SP 6430DN is a robust choice for business users that supports A3 size media in a compact footprint.
Exceptional colour A4 devices for mid-size and large workgroups
Ricoh was recognised in the large and mid-size workgroup categories with its SP C440DN and MP C306ZSPF. The easy-to-use MP C306ZSPF and SP C440DN both include a robust feature set and many productivity-enhancing features.
- The compact MP C306ZSPF multifunction printer was recognised for its Smart Operation Panel, which has an intuitive, tablet-style interface. It allows users to capture, transform and share information with the familiar drag-and-drop, pinch-and-click, and swipe scrolling that’s used every day on smartphones and tablets. It was awarded Outstanding Colour MFP for Mid-Sized Workgroups.
- The SP C440DN was awarded Outstanding Colour Printer for Large Workgroups. It offers secure, productive, flexible and economically friendly printing. According to BLI, it delivered better than average productivity in many of the tests and carries a total cost of ownership that’s less than half the competitive average.
Energy efficiency excellence
Ricoh’s SP 4510SF and MP C306ZSPF were also awarded for Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency, recognising them as among the most energy efficient devices tested in the past six months. These devices exhibit significantly lower than average energy consumption for their respective product categories and offer a variety of environmentally friendly features to help users reduce their overall environmental impact. The devices were run through BLI’s real-world environmental job stream test.
- The SP 4510SF’s estimated annual energy consumption was about 41 percent lower than average when compared with competitive A4 monochrome MFPs in the midsize workgroup segment.
- The MP C306ZSPF’s estimated annual energy consumption was 57 percent lower than average, making it among the lowest of A4 colour MFPs in the midsize workgroup category.
John Hall said: “Ricoh has a strong reputation for producing energy efficient devices. These awards demonstrate our continued commitment to devices that allow users to save energy without compromising productivity.”
About Buyers Laboratory LLC
Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI) is the world's leading independent provider of analytical information and services to the digital imaging and document management industry. For over 50 years, buyers have relied on BLI to help them differentiate products’ strengths and weaknesses and make the best purchasing decisions, while industry sales, marketing and product professionals have turned to BLI for insightful competitive intelligence and valued guidance on product development, competitive positioning and sales channel and marketing support. Using BLI’s web-based bliQ and Solutions Center services, 40,000 professionals worldwide create extensive side-by-side comparisons of hardware and software solutions for over 15,000 products globally, including comprehensive specifications and the performance results and ratings from BLI’s unparalleled Lab, Solutions and Environmental Test Reports, the result of months of hands-on evaluation in its US and UK labs. The services, also available via mobile devices, include a comprehensive library of BLI’s test reports, an image gallery, hard to find manufacturers’ literature and valuable tools for configuring products, calculating total cost of ownership (TCO) and annual power usage. BLI also offers consulting and private, for-hire testing services that help manufacturers develop and market better products and consumables.
About BLI Picks
Twice a year with its Pick awards, BLI gives special recognition to the hardware and software products that provided the most outstanding performances in BLI’s unique evaluations. Software solutions undergo an in-depth hands-on review that focuses on key attributes for a solution’s target market and compares how well the product stacks up against leading competitors. Pick winners rise above the competition in key areas such as value, feature set, ease of use, ease of administration, hardware compatibility, software integration, security and support. Software solutions earn an overall rating based on a five-star scale, and Pick contenders are culled from those that earn the highest ratings. Consequently, a BLI Pick is a hard-earned award that buyers and IT directors can trust to better guide them in their acquisition decisions.
News & Events
Keep up to date
Australia’s innovation paradox: Innovation not a core value for 75% of Australian organisations, yet most business leaders believe they have the skills for innovation
Ricoh named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for worldwide contractual print and document services
Ricoh attends the Bunkasai 2018 festival at Wellers Hill State School
Ricoh Australia becomes first Australian IT services company to achieve carbon-neutral status