Ricoh declares June as Global SDGs Action Month
Ricoh’s annual focus on sustainability in June will center on “accelerating Sustainable Development Goals actions based on materiality”
TOKYO, May 31, 2021 – The Ricoh Group places sustainably enhancing corporate value by resolving social issues at the core of its management approach. This is achieved by taking on a range of strategic initiatives to drive our Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In alignment with these initiatives, Ricoh will implement “Ricoh Global SDGs Action 2021” throughout June, which will comprise various activities across the organisation to help foster a sense of group unity and innovation, and strengthen ESG/SDGs values in all employees.
The goal of last year’s event held in November 2020 was to encourage Ricoh employees to feel pride in their work, bring joy to their families and friends, and raise awareness of how their work links to SDGs. In a global employee survey conducted in February 2021, 98% responded positively to this event, indicating a high level of personal commitment and connection to how their work specifically connects to resolving social issues and the SDGs. Ricoh has also been recognised by rating agencies and international surveys, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices listing in November 2020, one of the world’s most renowned indices for ESG.
This year’s theme is “Accelerating SDGs actions based on materiality,” we will aim to improve further the level of SDGs/ESG actions through those activities.
Ricoh’s approach to sustainability is to pursue a sustainable society by balancing the Three Ps of Prosperity (economic), People (society), and Planet (environment). In order to realise this goal, Ricoh has identified seven material issues in two areas: “Resolving social issues through business” and “Robust management infrastructure” to accelerate its contribution towards achieving the SDGs.
- June 1–30, 2021
Global common activities:
- SDGs World Tour (for employees)
Showcase weekly online the social and SDG contribution activities throughout the Ricoh Group global companies.
- SDGs Action—Start from what you can do (at an organisation level)
Each Ricoh Group company plans and implements various SDGs activities and shares the outcomes within the Ricoh Group.
- Smile for SDGs Action (for all organisations)
Recognise those teams who demonstrated exceptional ideas in implementing SDGs activities.
Activities at each company:
- Ricoh Japan
- Set activity themes, targets, and implement the three categories that contribute to the SDGs: “Digitisation of the workplace,” “Provision of digital services,” and “Reinforcement of internal business process.”
- Wear green for World Environment Day (observed on June 4) to raise awareness.
- Celebrate Pride Month via Webinar in partnership with Ricoh Canada (June 17).
- Launch a new People, Planet, and Prosperity Award program, and annual SDG Spotlight Award.
- Wear green for “The Green Challenge” (June 4th to June 30th).
- “The Green Lunch” is a series of one-hour sessions every Friday in June on “Everything you want to know about the SDGs” with discussions, Q&A, feedback, resource sharing, training materials.
- Collect and share photos of activities that employees have undertaken during the COVID-19 impact and sustainable recovery.
- Declare Eco Action Pledge related to SDGs and ocean plastics will be offset for every organisation, school, and individual pledge received.
- Distribute seeds to the community in support of Singapore’s 30-by-30 vision.
News & Events
Keep up to date
Prima PMI Expands with 10 Ricoh 9500s To Deliver Enhanced Value to End Customers
Ricoh received a five-star rating in the Fifth Nikkei SDGs Management Survey
Ricoh Chairperson hands policy proposal on accelerating decarbonization through green transformation to Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry as Co-chair of JCLP
IMPORTANT Notice on potential impact of "Apache ActiveMQ remote code execution vulnerability" (CVE-2023-46604) towards Ricoh products and services