New RICOH Pro C9500 drives print service providers’ business growth and operational efficiency
Print Service Providers (PSPs) have the potential to enhance revenue, improve operational efficiency and empower business growth thanks to the new Ricoh Pro C9500 digital sheet fed colour press.
Sydney, August 2, 2023 – Ricoh Australia announces the launch of Ricoh’s latest flagship production printer, the Ricoh Pro C9500. The Ricoh Pro C9500 provides a range of improvements, designed to strengthen and future proof commercial printing businesses, such as enhanced media compatibility improved automation and increased operational efficiency.
As the successor to the Ricoh Pro C9200/C9210, the Ricoh Pro C9500 builds upon the superior image quality, high-speed output, quality consistency, and stable operation that made the series so widely embraced by customers the world over.
The Ricoh Pro C9500’s new fusing unit enables printing of 40 gsm thin media, which has been traditionally challenging for digital presses to print. This improved capability further promotes the shift to digital printing, supporting the production of books and booklets, which require thin media.
New peripherals enable continuous paper feeding and output up to 960 mm in length, making it easier for commercial printers to capture new business such as A4 size four-panel brochures.
Furthermore, the Ricoh Pro C9500 comes with the Ricoh GC OS, a new engine controller developed specifically to meet the demands of commercial printing businesses. The new controller simplifies daily tasks such as: media setting and adjustment, device usage management, and maintenance, enabling easier staff training and device operation.
The Ricoh Pro C9500 supports the new optional Auto Color Diagnosis Unit Type S15, which enhances the automation and operational efficiency of the inspection process in commercial printing. In addition to colour stabilisation and monitoring functions during printing, the new Auto Color Diagnosis Unit automates the three critical inspection stages, namely quality, registration and colour fluctuation inspections.
By automating these three types of inspections, customers can save time and effort in the colour adjustment and inspection tasks, which used to be highly specialised and labour-intensive. Moreover, it provides customers with the flexibility to choose how the printer operates after inspection according to their requirements.
Henryk Kraszewski, Senior Product and Marketing Manager, Ricoh Graphic Communications, Ricoh Australia, says: “The Ricoh Pro C9200/C9210 has been adopted by many of the country’s leading printers, having recognised the unbeatable performance the colour press delivers to their business. All the advances in the new Pro C9500 have been developed to provide even better print quality on a broader choice of substrates with improved productivity and enhanced operational efficiency.
They help PSPs maximise production uptime and expand capabilities to more efficiently, cost effectively and profitably answer broadening market demands.”
The Ricoh Pro C9500 showcases Ricoh’s commitment to help customers improve the way they work by transforming workplaces through its digital devices and services.
The Ricoh Pro C9500 will be available from late August. The optional Auto Color Diagnosis Unit Type S15 will be available late 2023.
Main features of RICOH Pro C9500
- Maximum speed of 135 ppm (A4) and high productivity on mixed media jobs.
- Twin toner bottles for uninterrupted, continuous printing.
- Up to three optional Vacuum-Feed LCIT units can be added to increase the feeding capacity to 18,100 sheets.
- In addition to thick media support OF up to 470 gsm (or 600 microns), the new fusing unit enables printing on lightweight 40 gsm media.
- By improving the printing quality of thin-coated media, synthetic media, and envelopes, Ricoh has achieved the highest range of paper quality amongst electrophotographic cut-sheet printers.
- Expansion of peripherals enables continuous paper feeding and output up to 960 mm in length.
- The timeline function enables time-series checks of events such as device usage and setting changes, facilitating better information sharing among operators.
- Users can access the printer and adjust settings remotely via a web browser on a PC or tablet, improving daily print operation efficiency.
- New functions can be added via continuous software updates after launch to reflect customer feedback.
- The latest Auto Color Diagnosis Unit Type S15 (available late 2023) enables important inspection operations to be performed automatically, as well as real-time monitoring and colour stabilisation during printing.
Auto Color Diagnosis Unit Type S15 main features:
Image Quality Monitor: Automatic inspection function
- Inspection of image quality imperfections* such as spots and streaks
- Inspection of front-to-back registration for image position misalignment
- Inspection of colour fluctuations
Auto Color Diagnosis: Automatic colour stabilisation/monitoring function
- Inspect for colour fluctuations during printing by scanning output and adjusting/stabilising the colour in real time.
- Visualisation of colour fluctuations during printing using the monitoring function.
*The master image is generated automatically based on raster image, so it is possible to inspect variable jobs as well.
Ricoh is a leading provider of integrated digital services and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation of workplaces and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh’s global operation reaches customers in approximately 200 countries and regions, supported by cultivated knowledge, technologies, and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history. In the financial year ended March 2023, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,134 billion yen (approx. 16.0 billion USD).
It is Ricoh’s mission and vision to empower individuals to find Fulfillment through Work by understanding and transforming how people work so we can unleash their potential and creativity to realize a sustainable future.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
News & Events
Keep up to date
Ricoh launches its first renewable energy self-consignment
Prima PMI Expands with 10 Ricoh 9500s To Deliver Enhanced Value to End Customers
Ricoh received a five-star rating in the Fifth Nikkei SDGs Management Survey
Ricoh Chairperson hands policy proposal on accelerating decarbonization through green transformation to Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry as Co-chair of JCLP