Total Green Office Solutions
As a leader in environmental management, we understand the importance of corporate sustainability – for our business and our customers. So we have developed tools that deliver real, measurable green outcomes – and cost savings – for your organisation.
Via our consultancy service, Ricoh staff can audit and analyse your current device usage, energy consumption and paper use. Based on this information, we will create an optimisation scenario which not only reduces your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), but also reduces your energy use, paper costs and CO2 impact. Your organisation will realise significant business process improvements, making it leaner and greener.
Compare and assess
Ricoh's Green Calculator provides an estimate of the energy consumption of your current fleet, including Ricoh and non-Ricoh devices. These are compared against proposed new Ricoh devices, using 'typical electricity consumption' (TEC) values -- an independent energy usage indicator method developed by Energy Star. You can choose to display the values as:
- kWh's of power consumed
- CO2 emissions in kilograms
- Electricity cost in local currency
- Amount of trees that need to be planted to offset CO2 emissions
Energy and paper consumption of proposed Ricoh devices can also be projected with Ricoh's Green Calculator, using our internal benchmarking data. This allows a more accurate projection of the proposed Ricoh fleet compared to using TEC values alone.
Monitor and audit
The Ricoh @RemoteTM Intelligent Management System monitors Ricoh networked printers and MFDs at multiple locations, enabling you to identify over and under-utilised print devices, automate service and maintenance tasks (including meter billing) and minimise total cost of ownership by shifting print volumes to lower cost devices.
- Track a variety of environmental metrics related to how much energy and paper each Ricoh device consumes
- Learn how many sheets of paper are used from month to month
- Track the percentage of jobs that use duplex printing
This solution also provides @RemoteTM Green Reports, which enables users to track trends in energy consumption over time, enabling you to make better decisions about sustainability policies.
- Compare fleet performance and set priorities to reduce energy and paper consumption to achieve corporate goals
- Translate usage data into reports that detail paper and electricity cost savings as well as CO2 reduction trends*
- Customise reports with local data -- for example, the cost of a single sheet of paper or a kilowatt of electricity -- to generate more accurate estimates
*Formulas obtained from the US Environmental Protection Agency - US Department of Energy.