Document scanning & routing - GlobalScan NX
With GlobalScan NX, you can improve document processing with next-generation scanning, raising productivity by distributing, sharing and managing your documents digitally.
- Preserve business paper documents electronically in an organised file system
- Automate paper-based processes
- Secure scanning to protect confidential data and meet security policies and regulations
- Cost reduction in overnight delivery, faxing, storage and document handling costs
- Scan hardcopy originals directly into digital document environments, including email and fax applications, network folders and archives
- Integrate files into industry-leading enterprise document management (EDM) systems, right from the MFD
- Accommodate workflows in virtually any business environment. Track and capture invoices, purchase orders, bills and other critical documents in small businesses or large enterprises
- Send incoming faxes directly to a network folder for digital distribution with built-in fax routing - without a fax server
- Reduce the number of steps to complete a scanning job
- Simple operation increases user acceptance and reduces errors
- Conversion of paper documents into digital files saves storage space and improves information flow
- Routing documents electronically reduces or eliminates the cost of courier services and speeds delivery
- Increases the Return on Investment (ROI) from networked MFDs
For the smaller office: GlobalScan NX - Serverless
Now smaller offices can benefit from better document management and workflow with GlobalScan NX - Serverless. Without the need for a dedicated server, documents can be quickly scanned and distributed digitally to multiple destinations, including network folders, email, fax and Webdav enabled document repositories.
For enterprise: GlobalScan NX - Server
GlobalScan NX - Server offers advanced image processing, such as OCR and extended PDF, for enterprise clients. It can be further tailored to suit the size of your organisation, with two versions available: Business Server offers administration of up to 32 MFDs and Enterpriser Server for larger networks supporting up to 750 MFDs.
Card Authentication Package(CAP)
Ricoh’s Card Authentication Package and GlobalScan NX combine to provide a secure method for controlling access to the scanning functions of your MFD. CAP integrates seamlessly with existing ID card security systems and utilises advanced card reading technology to control users’ access to print, copy, scan, fax and document server functions on Ricoh MFDs.
- Users authenticate with existing proximity cards for simplified access
- Improves security and workflow efficiency with scanning processes based on card credentials - card credentials also control access to the scanning and routing features of GlobalScan NX
- Simplifies the authentication method with fast and secure ‘swipe-and-go’ ID Card Authentication process
- Integrates seamlessly and leverages your existing ID card security system
Ricoh’s ISM Compliant Fax Solution: Secure and auditable faxing from the MFD without fax cards, modems or analog linesRicoh, in alliance with Australian software developer BNS Group, have developed a unique solution that allows government departments to consolidate print, copy, scanning and faxing into one device without compromising IT security, whilst complying with the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM), previously known as ACSI 33. Where the ISM stipulates MFDs with PSTN fax options cannot be connected to a classified network, with Ricoh’s unique solution, faxing from the MFD is now allowed while remaining compliant with the ISM. The ISM Compliant Fax Solution has been developed to integrate with Ricoh’s unique project based scanning interface – GlobalScan NX – so unclassified faxes can now be sent from the MFD without the need for a dedicated fax board/modem in the device.