Work the way you want with Ricoh’s next-generation Flex Series 2.0
Sydney, Australia, 13 October 2016 - Ricoh Australia has launched its new Flex Series 2.0 range of multifunction devices (MFDs), designed to support the needs of the modern, mobile worker. Combining a Smart Device Connector app that allows users to connect from iOS and Android devices, an intuitive smart operation panel and direct cloud access helping users to work the way they want.
Users have the option to operate the Flex Series 2.0 as an interconnected hub to quickly and securely access, transform and distribute the files they need and can access 15 popular cloud services directly.
Joe Ciliberto, General Manager, Marketing and Product Strategy at Ricoh Australia said, “Whether for pure convenience or needing to complete an urgent print job on-the-run, employees can simply access and print documents wirelessly via Ricoh’s Smart Device Connector App.
“The Flex Series can also be integrated with Ricoh’s range of Connect and Collaborate solutions – including its interactive flat panels, projection systems and range of applications – for a truly collaborative work experience.”
“With connectivity a necessity for the modern, mobile workforce of today and the proliferation of smart device use in Australia1, print devices have moved beyond impressive print, copy and scan speeds.
“It has never been more important for organisations to invest in solutions that complement their existing technology ecosystem, while catering to the needs of today’s changing workforce – be it office-bound, on-the-go or remote.”
Additional Flex 2.0 Series’ features include:
- Integrated Cloud allows users to connect with popular cloud-based applications such as Dropbox, Evernote®, Google Drive™, Office 365, SharePoint and many more.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to convert hard copy documents into user-friendly digital files. Users can quickly search scanned documents by keyword, as well as edit digital files such as Excel and Word.
- A 10.1-inch smart operation panel offers an improved interactive touchscreen experience with one touch shortcuts, support for multi-touch gestures, custom display settings, access to a variety of applications, and simple pinch and swipe technology similar to that used on smart devices.
- An Intel processing chip delivers improved performance and efficiency.
- New optional hybrid staple/staple-free finishers deliver a range of professional finishing features with and without staples.
- Banner printing capability supporting page length of up to 126cm to cater for a wide range of professional documents, from menus to brochures.
- A Human Detection Sensor enables the Home screen to recover from Sleep Mode in as little as half a second to be ready for to be key operation.
The new models are quiet and eco-friendly, with a new system design that activates only the necessary components required to run a particular function, leading to quieter operation with less heat emission. In addition, selected finisher options come with a new anti-vibration system and noise absorbing materials to further minimise noise levels.
The Flex Series 2.0 models include:
- MP C2004 & MP C2504, 20/25 ppm A3 Colour MFD
- MP C3004 & MP C3504, 30/35 ppm A3 Colour MFD
- MP C4504 & MP C6004, 45/60 ppm A3 Colour MFD
For more information, visit http://flex.ricoh.com.au
General Manager – Marketing and Product Strategy
0412 611 339
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2016, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,209 billion yen (approx. 19.6 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com.au
© 2016 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. All rights reserved. All referenced product names
are the trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Almost 80 per cent of Australians own a smartphone, while 59 per cent of Australian households own a tablet device. Source: http://landing.deloitte.com.au/rs/761-IBL-328/images/deloitte-au-tmt-mobile-consumer-survey-2015-291015.pdf